It’s important for to realise that you can, through simple daily habits, support your body in many ways, which will help you enjoy a healthier and happier life.
Here are eight easy steps for you to try out:
- Start your day with a boost, with fibers and proteins or make yourself a green juice. Having at least one meal a day in liquid form, full of nutrients, is great for the body and puts less strain on the digestive system.
- Drink a lot of water – 2 litres (a little over half a gal) or more every day. The body is charged with electricity, and since water supports conductivity, it allows for more energy to surge through our bodies. Water also helps us flush out waste which our bodies need to get rid of once they have digested the food we eat, as well as other waste.
- “Fast” for 12 hours from the last meal eaten at night till the first meal eaten the next day. Breakfast literally means “break fast”. The body needs 8 hours to digest the food we eat during the day, and the organs need another 4 hours to get rid of waste and toxins.
- Go to bed early, well before midnight as the sleep you get before midnight gives the body more rest, than you get by sleeping in late, the next morning. Best is to be in bed by 10 p.m.
- Exercise regularly every day. This does not need to be complicated. A 30-45 minute brisk walk, and a few stretches afterwards can make so much difference, and cost nothing, other than the willingness to get up and get going.
- Make sure your digestion is in good order, and that you have bowel movements at least twice a day. When something goes into the digestive tract, something should come out. Building up “old stock” in the colon can lead to various health problems.
- Support your body with supplements. Contrary to common belief, we do not get everything we need from the food we eat. Contaminated soil, pesticides and other chemicals, as well as preservatives and additives to processed food, deplete food of many necessary nutrients. So, take supplements every day.
- Smile often. A smiling face is like a light bulb, and most of us enjoy seeing more light. Smile to the world and make it a happier place.
Trust these tips are helpful. If you liked this post feel free to share it with others.
Photo: Samantha Villagran
About the author: Runa Bergmann has been in the Health and Wellness field in Iceland for more than 30 years, coaching and teaching people through her workshops, articles, books and as a keynote speaker. She’s been an avid spokesperson for using natural ways to heal and staying healthy.
Runa Bergmann is a Keynote Speaker, published Author and a Health and LIfestyle Coach. She has successfully been working in the personal development field in Iceland since 1990.
>> Feel free to contact Runa